If you want to transform a warm day into a foggy day, photoshop gives you the opportunity to make it true. If you want to know the way to add fog in a photo by using Photoshop, you will get guidance from this article. In this tutorial, I am going to show you How to add fog in Photoshop. So, read this article till the end and follow the steps with care, you will be able to do it. So, lets see how to do it:
Free fog effect photoshop
Step 1: Insert Your Photo in Photoshop
First of all, insert a photo in photoshop. To do this, go to the “File” menu and select the “Open” option. Then, go to your image location and select your image and then click on the “Open” button.
Step 2: Add Fog in Photo
- Now create a new layer. To do that, go to the layer panel and click on the “Create a new layer” button from the bottom. A new layer will be created afterward.
- Then, set the background and foreground color first. Go to the left side’s tools panel and set black color for the foreground and white color for the background.
- Now, go to the “Filter” menu, then go to the “Render” option and then select the “Clouds” option.
- Again, go to the “Filter” menu, then go to the “Blur” option and then select the “Gaussian blur” option. Set the radius between 6 to 8 and click on the “OK” button.
- Now, in the layer panel, click on the blending options which is on the right side of the “Opacity” option and select the “Screen” option.
- Then, press “CTRL+T” for free transform and then right click on the photo and select the “Perspective” option. Now, click & drag the bottom right corner of the photo to the right side. You will see that the bottom left corner is also dragged automatically in the left side. Now, right click again on the photo and this time select the “Free transform” option. Then, press & hold the “Shift” key from the keyboard and click & drag the middle bottom side of the photo. Again, press & hold the “Shift” key from the keyboard and click & drag the middle top side of the photo. Do not lift your finger from the shift button while you are dragging with the mouse.
- Now, go to the layer panel and set the “Opacity” level between 50% to 80%. Now, click on the “Add layer mask” button.
- Then, go to the left side’s tools panel, select the “Brush tool”, then set black color for the foreground and white color for the background from the tools panel. Then go to the top bar and set the “Opacity” between 40% to 50%. Now, brush on the picture and brush on the area where you do not want to keep fog.
- That’s it.
Video Tutorial about “How To Add Fog In Photoshop” who really don’t want to read whole article just follow below video.
That’s How you can add fog in Photoshop. This is very easy to do. I have described above the way of creating a new layer, using the render filter for fog, adjusting fog and many more. I hope you have understood How to add fog in Photoshop. Always try and practice more in order to learn photoshop, you will be able to do it easily one day.